Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2016

News

I look at the headlines of US newspapers and sometimes listen to headlines, but I was curious about following the local news.  I had found Spain's news in English which felt more like ex-pat news and not so local.


I looked for a Barcelona newspaper and found ara.cat, which is in Catalan (and also elperiodico.com, which is in Spanish).


That's how I learned about the fire burning in the hills between our town and Barcelona.  I went to our balcony and there it was.

I felt the sense of impending doom as I do in L.A., but I never smelled the smoke and when I came back from errands I could no longer see any signs of fire.  I hope everyone is safe!

1 comment:

  1. Are there free commuter newspapers around? We liked 20 Minutes in Switzerland which had comics and very short and easy articles for translating.

    ReplyDelete