Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Mail

Here's a mailbox at a roundabout not far from our place. 
I haven't figured out the mail yet.  It comes through a slot by the front door
of the building and falls to the floor because the box is missing a part.

Someone in the building picks it up and sorts it and stuff
that doesn't belong to anyone goes onto a shelf below the personal boxes.
Yesterday I was leaving the building and saw one piece of mail on the floor so I put it in the right box.  I thought that meant that one piece of mail came for six apartments.  Today I was leaving and saw about three or four pieces of mail in a rubberband (yippee, a rubberband).  I took them over to the personal boxes and saw an envelope for D. that was not in our personal box, but on the shelf.  When did that mail come?  And why wasn't it in our box?  I can't figure it out.  


I also haven't figured out the people who deliver the mail.  I see some people pushing the yellow Correo (mail) carts, but they aren't in uniform.  Then I saw someone driving a Correo motorcycle and he did have a uniform.

The only personal mail I have seen in the past twenty days was the piece my older sister sent to us!




1 comment:

  1. I want to state for the record that I sent you mail prior to reading this post, but only barely. And I was a little confused on the address.

    ReplyDelete