Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2016

Jet Lag

I have had one good night's sleep since we left 28 August.  I have never, ever had such a problem adjusting.  Normally I travel, put my head on the pillow, go to sleep, and then wake up.  Same thing going either direction.

I have tried squaring numbers.  Maybe I had known and forgotten but I realized the sum of consecutive numbers is the same as the difference of consecutive squares.  Eight squared is 64.  Nine squared is 81.  81-64=8+9

I have gone through all the U.S. states and their capitals.  Named all the Canadian provinces and territories.  Tried to figure out how many states have a capital that is also the largest city.  I have not had any coffee.

I tried to remember the details from my parents' house to the pool where I swam in the summer.
from the Historical Society
Now I am awake and staying awake.  I will get in the pool before going to bed to cool off a bit.  I will sleep again one day.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I hate when that happens. It makes everything worse.

    I usually try feeling my breath come in and go out. Sometimes I count backwards from 99 with one number for in and the next number for out. And sometimes I take a sleeping pill.

    I hope you sleep well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also you remember a lot more things than I do. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will sleep again. When I had jet lag in Switzerland, I listened for the bells that rang faithfully every quarter hour. I think I tried counting in between chimes.

    ReplyDelete