Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Another outing

We have been here less than three weeks and I am already wondering if we will have time to do everything we want.  I am guessing the answer is no, but we will do a lot of things.

We took the funicular up Montjuïc again,
but this time after we got out we walked up to the Castell de 
Montjuïc.


There was an archery competition in the former moat.
I have learned so much Catalonian and Spanish history in the last few weeks.  I am not sure I had ever heard about the War of Spanish Succession (which last weekend's events were marking) or knew how Spain became a democracy in my lifetime.

After wandering around we made our way back down

and took a quick peek in the Olympic Stadium
(which is named after the former president who was executed at the castle we had just visited).
Another time I want to swim in the Olympic pool and visit the Olympic museum.

Wow!  And that was before we even went inside!

The view from the roof.

En plein air
Furniture by Gaudi

What I want for our next fireplace screen

photo by A.
We saw this ad on the train - maybe we should try it for our next outing.


p.s.  It is so hard to figure out which pictures to use.  I have to learn to take fewer to make the decision easier.

1 comment:

  1. I have that photo problem too. Even the ones I backup are not labeled or sorted =(

    ReplyDelete