Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A little cheese...

...To go with that whine!

"Barcelona is my favorite city!"  "Oh, I just love Barcelona!" "I was there X years ago and had the best time."

Fine, but we aren't in Barcelona and we aren't on vacation.  We are living here and dealing with the reality.  Here are the minor annoyances to balance out the other posts.
  • Cleaning the entire kitchen after finding meal moths.
  • Not being able to get a membership card at the office/school supply store because I didn't know the phone number (even though I had my passport and legal currency).
  • Writing to the language school, being told where to go, going there, being told that registration for first level classes are held elsewhere.
  • Not having a tea kettle or any measuring utensils (cups, spoons, scale).
  • The heat wave.
  • As my aunt would say, there is always a prior step.  And it means translating from Catalan.
Of course those things are balanced by the funny (like being told that my Spanish was better than that person's English) and the good (the school finding an entire second-hand wardrobe for A. to use as long as we return it).
  • two shirts
  • one pair of pants
  • one sweater
  • one coat
  • one sport shirt
  • one sport shorts
  • one warm-up coat
  • one pair of warm-up pants
As someone joked, they don't make him wear school-issued underwear yet.  Today we need to buy socks.


1 comment:

  1. oy, the annoyances sound annoying! I'm sorry. Especially about the heat wave. I hope settling in gets better by the day.

    ReplyDelete