Search This Blog

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Parting shots from Madrid

It is a good thing I can't read much Spanish so I was not tempted by the books for sale.
There were many booths along the south side of El Retiro.


It looks like what was on the table was only a small selection.

It is said that this bookstore has been here, in the same
alley as the San Ginés chocolateria for over 300 years.

There are also big bookstores

and

smaller ones.

There were even book excerpts on the metro.
"The objective is to encourage reading in public transport
through brief texts that arouse the interest of users."
more here
 A few random pictures

I liked the variety of plant towers around town.

It is great when doors are open and I can peek in!

The metro was so clean and so empty!

And their tickets were so much smaller.
They also have tap cards, which Barcelona does not have. Yet.

I had never seen a park bench with pedals in front of it.

At the airport they had a bar where each person had a
screen but instead of serving drinks they served ham.
I don't know where else we'll travel in Spain, but I am so glad we got to visit Madrid!

No comments:

Post a Comment