Search This Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Adding to my collection

I used to want to attend a game at every Major League Baseball stadium, but they kept knocking them down and building new ones. Yesterday I added to a different collection, which is swimming in or attending events at Olympic pools. It is getting harder since they use temporary pools more often (see the 2016 Rio pool here).

One thing in my goody-bag from the marathon people was a group of coupons
for places on Montjuic, which is close to the start of the run. One was for a
swim in the Olympic pool, which was just a train, metro, and bus ride away.

I don't usually give money to people who play music on the metro, but I was
impressed by the guy lugging around his double bass, not just an accordion.

Not a bad view while waiting for the bus.

This is where I imagined I would be swimming. There were plenty of people
sunbathing, but I saw only one person in the water. Maybe it wasn't heated?

Instead I swam here (photo from website). It was still a 50-meter pool, but set-up short course (25m), as shown here. I am guessing this was the warm-up and cool-down pool, so I will still say I swam in the same place (probably not the same water) as Summer Sanders and Pablo Morales.

Nice view of the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya as you leave the building, which
is a municipal athletic facility with paddle ball courts, yoga classes, and such.

The only interesting thing on the way home was seeing one of these folding bikes, STRiDA EVO.

No comments:

Post a Comment