Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2017

Mail saga

This topic amazes me, even after living here for many months.

As I was collecting the mail I noticed a postcard with my handwriting. I couldn't imagine what it could be. Had I mailed something that had been returned? I hadn't put my return address on a postcard. It took a long moment, but then I remembered I had written from Madrid.


But we had left Madrid 1 March!

I checked the back and noticed my date, 27/2/17.
Then I checked the postmark, 10/3/17.
I probably mailed the card in the evening of 28/2, so maybe it was not picked up until 1/3. And maybe it got stuck or fell out of a bag so that explains why it was not mailed for another nine days. What I have no guesses about is why it would take an entire week to get from Madrid to a suburb of Barcelona.

On the positive side, it was the first time I had bought a stamp for use within the country and liked the origami elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment