Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

open house

A. brought home a paper from school (the only way I learn about anything).



Initially A. encouraged me to visit a classroom other than the one he would be in, but
after some consideration he invited me to play Kahoot! with part of his English class.

I made my way past all the displays,

through the cafeteria,

and to the classroom where we had to figure out the
right answer to a question or in response to a video.

The kids worked together to figure out the right answer. A. and I would give unhelpful
answers like, "It is the right answer because it sounds right." We did not win!
The final project was to unscramble a quote from a humanitarian, including some challenging words. Afterward the kids will create a piece of art to go with the quote and when it is approved by the art teacher the kids will paint it onto the wall, decorating one hall with quotes related to social justice.

I was sorry to miss the college fair and Model U.N. demonstration, but I was glad to be able to have a glimpse into A.'s day.

No comments:

Post a Comment