Search This Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Local mystery

We signed up for a five-day bike trip and I think I will enjoy it more if I have spent some time on the saddle. Today I cycled to the archery range (as seen through the chain link fence) at the bottom of a big hill, which seemed like a good place to turn around.


I was not going to stop on the way home, but I had to take these pictures because every time I go by this spot (and very similar ones on other bike paths). I have never, ever seen a bicycle at these bike racks or the ones along the bike paths. Why are they here? Who would park a bike in the middle of nowhere? Maybe the people who installed them made a mistake and put them here instead of by every grocery store, where there are none.

1 comment:

  1. I walked around the University of Oregon campus on Friday and there were sooooooooo many bike racks which were also completely empty, but that's because it was Spring Break.
    Maybe some structure or activity was going to be nearby or will be nearby eventually?

    ReplyDelete