Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2016

Touring Cars

My speaking partner asked if I had noticed that the police cars are SEAT (although now they are switching to Nissan, which may or may not controversial since SEAT is now owned by Volkswagen). I had not noticed, but I did start paying attention.

SEAT – an acronym from Sociedad Española de Automóviles de Turismo (Spanish Corporation of Touring Cars) and I was told each one is named after a place.



Alhambra is in Andalusia and the buildings and gardens 
in the area reflect the Moorish rule of 8-15th century.


Altea is part of the Costa Blanca, possibly the favorite beach area of Catalonia.


Arosa (usually Arousa when I look for it) is an island off northwest Spain.


Cordoba was an important Roman City is known for the mosque La Mezquita.





Leon is known for it churches, especially a Gothic cathedral with towers and flying buttresses.

 But then I came across Exeo, which broke the mold 
of places the company said it means, "to go beyond".

Parked right next to it was a SEAT Panda, which used to 
be made by Fiat but was made by Seat from 1980-1986.


As usual, what started with a casual comment turned into a project of looking at every car, researching places I now want to visit, and learning something along the way.




Not shown - Toledo and Marbella

No comments:

Post a Comment