Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Markets

I would not normally be attracted to Christmas markets (shopping outside in the cold?!). The night before we left for Vienna we were watching the news in Spanish for practice and hearing about the crash in Berlin did not make them seem more attractive.  Despite both those facts we ended up at Christmas markets several times, mostly because they were right by major buildings and also because they felt so festive.  My friend pointed out that Vienna is really just a small town that no one would bother with.  We noticed a light police presence at the city hall market, but that was it.


Market by the rathausplatz/city hall.

Market at Schönbrunn Palace.

Market between Kunsthistorisches and Naturhistorisches Museum with
Maria Theresa overseeing it.  Maybe you would enjoy a little video here.

It turns out there are a couple attractions at the markets.  One is sugar and 

the other is alcohol.


1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful but yeah, not sure how long I'd last in the cold. I guess that's what the foods and drinks are for. I didn't go to any indoor craft fairs this season - I felt pretty stocked up.

    ReplyDelete