Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Retrieving Things

When D. is on leave, I am too. I do still have some of the regular household duties like cooking, cleaning, and laundry, and even though some of those are more time consuming without a car and without TJoe's, I still have more time. My chores expand to fill the days, but when something needs to be done I have time to do it.

I visited many libraries to get books A. needed to follow the US curriculum. Occasionally I visited Barcelona to get specific ingredients and to get paperwork. It gave me an excuse to see new places and have mini adventures.

Toward the end of our time I got to go a little farther. As D. mentioned in his guest post I went to retrieve water bottles left behind. Maybe if it had been the US we would have left them (we left behind an entire box of water bottles), but these were two new ones and the only other two we had.

I happily volunteered to take the train to pick them up. I love being able to see the water out the window, but apparently some beachgoers are not as excited to have the trains rattling by and having to go over or under the tracks to get to the water. I think if they had to drive in LA traffic and deal with parking situation here they might be more tolerant.

Not many people out on a cloudy Monday morning.

It was a beautiful errand to run.
ta da!
The next pick up was not quite as easy, but was even more beautiful. I walked to the train station, took a train to Barcelona, took a metro to the bus station, took a bus to Tossa de Mar, and then took a taxi into the mountains where I met A.

a beautiful bus station (photo credit  - A.)

Lots of nice detail inside, too, but mostly covered my modern conveniences.
We started to reverse the trip, but instead of getting on a bus right away we walked to town and took a little dip.

View of the water

and the view from the water of the Castell de Tossa.
I will miss running errands in Catalonia!

No comments:

Post a Comment