Search This Blog

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Hidden treasures

Actually, it isn't so hidden because I found it when we were in Sant Cugat in December 2015, but my Spanish teacher recommended a visit so I made my way over there one day about three months ago.

This little church, also called a hermitage, was built recently but it was
mentioned as early as the 10th century, according to information from the city.


I don't know why there were flowers on the windows.

These tiles are on the side of the church and I came up with two different translations.

1) Please, ask yourself good beggars
or
2) Discover yourself a good beginner

and pray to the Holy Christ of Lloseres to give us a constant well and Heaven at dying hours.


Carrer de Llaceres is a relatively wide street and has a real bike lane. The houses lining it are beautiful, but are mostly hidden away.  Here are a few pictures.



This one has some sort of day care on the property.


This is my favorite, but I could not really capture it.
You can see other people's pictures here and here.





Even though I had been there for I hadn't really paid attention. I appreciated the reminder to get out and see the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment