Search This Blog

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Feeling the Love

We arrived home and it almost feels like we never left. One thing that reminds me that we were away is the warm welcome I receive when I see people I haven't seen a year. Arriving in time for the big local holiday celebration was a great idea since we got to see so many people in one day.

A sign on the garage welcomed us home.

This cake was in our frig and another neighbor left fruit, milk, and fruit for us. A friend left cookies at the door and the next day we found peaches in the same spot.

We didn't sleep much, but 5 a.m. was a good time to set out a blanket for the parade and to talk the person delivering a newspaper in English right to our house! A friend picked me up so I could swim with the team, which is one of the things I missed most.

Good to go and good to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment