Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

License Plates

I find this topic endlessly interesting (the history, the materials, the geography, the politics), but I will limit the post to Spain. I can send you pictures from other countries if you send me a note.

standard car plate September 2000

standard car plate with an unofficial Catalunya sticker instead of EspaƱa sticker

different Catalunya sticker

unofficial Basque sticker
learned about it on this site

different pattern with the B standing for Barcelona

even older without the EU sticker

specially-shaped plates for some cars

L for the province of Lleida

some cars have smaller plates on the front

the newer plates have a watermark (not sure of the real term)

I was so proud this day. I saw this plate and was able
to ask if the H indicated that this was an historic car.
They understood my question and I understood their answer!

1 comment:

  1. That is an impressive conversation. And I wouldn't have thought H would be for historic in other languages.

    ReplyDelete