Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2016

Stiff upper lip


I am trying to have a good attitude.  I loved the mail I got for my birthday and it is fun to see that one postcard mailed from Ohio 31 October arrives on 15 November, but a postcard mailed from New York City 14 November arrives on 18 November.  Maybe the difference is whether it has Spain in the address or only lists the region of Barcelona?

But some things have gone too far.  A friend mailed a package to D. at work and he had notice that it arrived 24 October.  He has filled out paperwork.  He has paid a lot of money.  And customs is still inspecting it.  I think the contents are a coat I left behind, some running clothing, a used book, and popcorn.  I hope they don't send it back.

And then there is the large envelope of magazines and newspaper clippings sent by mom on 1 November.  On 18 November I finally received a note that it would be waiting for me at the post office starting 21 November (I was home when the note arrived so this could have been avoided). Today I went to pick up the package. The person went to look for out. Came back out front. Asked for help. Disappeared for a while. And finally returned with a soaking wet partial envelope wrapped in plastic.  Today was the first day of rain in over two weeks so when did it get wet?  Where is the rest of the envelope?  All I want is my mail in a timely fashion.
Yes, that IS a special section of the Plain Dealer about Cleveland being in the World Series.
How could the mail carriers be so careless with something so rare?


Sigh.  I hope this is the biggest problem of the year.

p.s.  Just checked the mail.  For the whole apartment there was one form letter for a neighbor and six postcards and two letters for me from my younger sister, the trail end of my gift.  Okay, no more complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment