Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2016

More food!

It is still fun to go to the store and discover foods I don't see at home.

I think of Bonne Maman preserves as a treat so maybe they have this is the
US and I just never noticed because I don't buy this brand often, but I was
surprised to Creme de Castaña, or chestnut puree.  Mmmm!

Also new to me is Philadelphia mousse in classic, olive, and truffle.

Seeing pollen for sale here made me wonder if I had seen it at a farmers market in California.

Oak honey and eucalyptus honey - have not tried these.
Five liter bottles of olive oil!  There are so many so there must be people who buy them, right?
White bread with no crusts is very popular. I don't buy it.
I am missing certain spices and being able to buy yeast in large quantities, but mostly we are adapting.  No one has gone hungry yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment