Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Mallorca, random pictures

sunset in Illetes

building in Palma

stained class in court house
This olive tree was 3.4 metric tons when it was moved seventeen years ago.
It is estimated to be 500-600 years old and is a symbol of peace and attachment to the island.

What is left of a windmill.
There are many around and they used to be used to draw water until the introduction of diesel engines. Now there is a movement to refurbish them for both historic and environmental reasons.

I was mildly tempted by the popcorn machine in the airport.
What I really wanted was for someone else to get some so I could watch!

1 comment:

  1. I thought the popcorn machine was a smushed "penny" machine. How cool! I hope you get to see one in action sometime. I hope they come to the US! or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete