Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Newspaper

In the US we get two different daily newspapers and the local weekly newspaper.  I have been reading the paper my whole life (as far as I can remember) and it feels natural to have the news on paper first thing in the morning.

There are only apartments are around here and I don't see newspapers delivered to them.  I don't know if there is delivery to private homes.  The newsstands and small periodical stores sell a variety of papers.  I see people buying them to read with their morning coffee and/or cigarette.

I had not bought a paper because the American one cost 3.20€, which seems like a lot for information I can get online.  I decided I wanted one after the election so today was the day to buy one

Wow - so thin!  Only twenty pages!
But wait, you say.  Why does it say The New York Times?  What happened to The International Herald Tribune?  Or to The Paris Herald before that?  In 2013 it became The International New York Times and just last month became The New York Times (International Edition).


No comments:

Post a Comment