Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Clase de español

I was elected class secretary, I think because I know people's names and I take notes in English, a common language for almost everyone.  My main function is to send a note to the group if the teacher tells me that the class is cancelled. I also post a picture of what what we worked on and share my notes. 

We are starting to learn past tense and there is significantly more to memorize than future tense.

some of my notes

We read and discussed a very simple biography of Pedro Almodóvar. I had never heard of this Spanish filmmaker, but everyone else seems to have and he is still in the news this past week.
I am already concerned about maintaining the language skills I have gained. I am hoping to be able to find a language partner to chat with casually. There are language tables on campus but because of hearing issues I am unable to carry on a conversation in the cafeteria. Maybe we can have a language table at home! There are plenty of radio stations and newspapers so maybe I will find the motivation to create a personalized class.

No comments:

Post a Comment