Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2017

Maybe the last

I still have to return some items, but Saturday's visit to a new library was probably my last.

I had been wanting to visit the Joan MirĂ³ library for a while but the timing never seemed right.


The visit had a rough when I walked in and set off the alarm. Even though it was obvious that I did nothing wrong it was still awkward. I thought I would use the self-return kiosk, but I pressed the escollir idioma (choose language, in Catalan) button nothing happened. I attempted to figure out it despite the Catalan, but someone was waiting so I tried to tell him I couldn't read the Catalan. The library employee came hurrying over to rescue me, taking the books to the desk. "These are in English," he announced. I told him that I read English very well. "These are from another library," he announced. I told him that each month I visit a different library. He is not impressed and tells me to speak more quietly. Here less than five minutes and I was ready to disappear!

But no! I had to at least get the movie I came for and take some pictures for my loyal readers!!

The library is long and skinny and covered in solar panels.

One entrance faces the park and

The other entrance faces the street. No water in the moat right now.

Upstairs was filled with people doing work 

and browsing books.
I didn't see the English section and I don't know how I missed the children's area. Sorry for the limited description!

No comments:

Post a Comment