Search This Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Crossing things off my list

Originally there was only one thing on my list, but the day got filled.
It started with a long run in preparation for a half-marathon in July.
The heat and humidity wiped me out even though I started at 6:30 a.m.
Truth - this is tomorrow's forecast, but it is virtually the same.

Next up was another new library (more about that later) where I checked out Frankenstein Junior, known as Young Frankenstein in English. We'll watch it to celebrate Father's Day.

I was lucky that the library that had the movie was
within walking distance of the Maker Faire, my first.

The building is made with two different types of filaments so it looks great in person. The geographical piece changed colors as it went. So many cool things that people made

One of may favorite uses for a laser cutter was to make a dollhouse!

I walked to the bus stop and waited across from an
old fire station that is now a training center and museum

Last August we bought special art passport that would get us into six museums at almost half price and would let us skip the line. Three were big ones (Miro, National Art Museum of Catalonia, and Picasso), but the others were all contemporary art museums. One was close to where I wanted to catch the train so I decided to visit.

I liked the building and all the skateboarders outside, but some of the exhibits were disturbing. The forensic architecture exhibit, which I found fascinating, focused on all sorts of crimes and the Martha Rosler: God Bless America! exhibit had a lot of social commentary. I found the combination overwhelming. You can take virtual tour of some of the museum here.

After making an imaginary wish list in the gift shop I headed to the train station along Carrer d'Elisabets and found this cool store that takes street banners and turns them into pencil cases, wallets, messenger bags, etc. I wanted one of everything.
I also want this banner advertising our town's festival.
It is free to look and takes up no room in the suitcase.

1 comment:

  1. There was a woman locally who made street banners into bags. She's out of business now, but my sewing bag is from one of her craft fair shows.
    https://www.yelp.ca/biz/jenny-hurth-berkeley
    https://www.yelp.ca/biz/elbow-grease-designs-berkeley

    ReplyDelete