Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Tiger

Most things we saw sold in Denmark were well-made, long-lasting, and expensive.  I could see the benefit of having fewer things of higher quality, but we were there for just a year and needed a few things that were just good enough.  Tiger, the Danish version of a dollar store, filled that need.  Some people complained that these things were poorly made and too disposable, but it had things we needed, plus it was fun to shop there.

This is the first Tiger I went to, although there was in the indoor mall in Roskilde, too.
I had read that a store had opened in New York City, but I have yet to visit it.  I have now been to Tiger in Austria, Belgium, Italy, The Netherlands, and Spain.

This store is on the way to the Hungarian Consulate so I have been to it several times.

I did not buy a deer head magnet.

I did not buy a carrot sharpener.

I like the porcelain measuring spoons that have metric and imperial measurements.
I like the colorful measuring spoons that are in the background, too.
I am often tempted by candles and napkins.

I am also tempted by yarn, felted trivets, and blank cards.  I am less tempted by the cute seasonal items, like a elf pens and a Santa-riding-a-reindeer costume.  I did find some paper for making woven hearts and I love to check the DIYTiger hashtag to see what creative things people have done with their products.

Sorry this post was really just an advertisement.  If you visit I will take you here only if you want to go.

added in June 2017
This was seen at the Tiger in Valencia. I wonder how many people from
Denmark, Faroe Islands, Iceland, and Norway visit to buy Æ they sell there!

2 comments:

  1. why the heck are people sharpening their carrots? i'm going to go look now, but I'm a bit frightened. though also delighted that there wonders in this world I have yet to learn about

    ReplyDelete
  2. already I have learned that they are mostly carrot peelers as the point of them is mostly to have fancy peels rather than fancy carrots

    further research is required

    ReplyDelete