Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year

We adopted a few local traditions this year and joined in the Sant Silvestre run (named for the saint who died on 31 December).
This video gives you a little feel for the run.
Or you can see pictures here.

We made sure we had our twelve grapes, one for each month of 2017, as described here on NPR.
"Contains 4-5 portions of twelve grapes."
It is also tradition to wear red underwear, which has been on sale everywhere.  I wore a red running bra for the race and I am hoping that counts!

I was running when the queen of Denmark was giving her speech, but I enjoyed watching it later.
You can watch it here.
If you set your watch for 24 hours it looks good at midnight, which I had noticed before.
My only disappointment was that I forgot to celebrate at 9am this morning when it was midnight in California.

1 comment:

  1. oh we could have talked - I was surprised to find myself still up at midnight. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete