Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Looking back, looking forward

I am often asked if I am excited about the year ahead.  I am, but I am also living in the moment, which is filled with to-do lists and not so much excitement.

It is good for me to focus on what I am looking forward to.

  • Learning a new language.
  • Exploring a new neighborhood.
  • Watching Eurovision in Europe.

But it always helps me to think about what I will miss.  Each summer we went to Ithaca I would make a list so when it was time to leave I could pull it out and motivate myself to be happy about returning home.

I will miss

  • Trader Joe's - I will miss the products and seeing friends there each time I go.  The people there know me and it feels a bit like walking into a Cheers episode.
  • Knowing my way around.
  • My stuff - some people are not attached to worldly possessions, but I am.  I like my memorabilia, all my kitchen gadgets, and things I don't need.
  • Baseball on the radio

No comments:

Post a Comment